Saturday, November 17, 2012

"Are You Crazy?!?!?!?"

It's usually the first thing people say when they find out I'm making Aliyah.  Jew and Gentile alike.  Why would someone leave the comfort of the USA to go live in Israel?  Don't know who I'm quoting, but "if I had to explain it to you, you wouldn't understand."

I am not knocking the country I was born in.  I love it here and will come back to visit as often as I am able. (Read: Afford).  Americans making Aliyah get dual citizenship.  The best of both worlds.

With the events in Israel these last few days, it only causes people to question my sanity.  I received more than a few emails from acquaintances saying, "PLEASE tell me that you are in the United States!"  I assured them that I was, knowing they won't understand why I still plan to make Aliyah.  Logically, I realize that it does not make sense to most to go off to a country surrounded by enemies and always on the brink of war.  But the soul has other ideas.  And God is in control.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment