Monday, June 24, 2013

So There I Was.....In Home Depot......

And my cell phone rings.  I look down and see that the display reads:  NBN Flights. I answer the phone.

"Hello, this is Lior from NBN Flights.....confirming that you will be placed on the July 2nd group flight".

"Ah...what?  You mean, I have been approved?"

"Um, well....um....uh......"

"Well, the reason I am asking, is because I have not heard this information from my Shaliach yet!"

"Well, then you need to call him first thing tomorrow....because my computer screen shows that you have been approved by the Jewish Agency to make Aliyah, and we have been directed to get you on this flight!"

Wow, oh Wow, oh Wow!  Suddenly butterflies were swarming in my stomach.  I was elated and terrified at the same time. It is really happening!!  I am MOVING to Israel!!  Oh My Goodness! Will I be able to get everything done before my flight?  I thought I had planned well for this, but now I feel quite inadequate about completing it all in a timely fashion. 

My head is still spinning.  I have moments of elation and then out of nowhere, a moment of sheer terror!  Not of living in Israel, but regarding the sheer magnitude of all the last minute details!

Yay!!  In spite of the mountain I will need to climb to be ready on time, I am one happy girl!!

Mazal Tov to me!!

Ali  :)  (I am Beaming!)



No comments:

Post a Comment