Wednesday, May 1, 2013

Interview Day!

Tomorrow (Thursday) will be my interview with the Jewish Agency.  It's the last step in my process to make Aliyah.  The buck stops with them.  I have no idea what to expect.  NBN has been most helpful with all of the required paperwork that has been submitted thus far....almost all of which has been scanned and emailed to them.  Now I need to take the originals to the appointment with my Shaliach to look over and verify. I have heard that you get the "yes" or "no" answer  in the mail within a few weeks of the interview. 

I am sure they will ask WHY I want to make Aliyah.  It's the most common question I get.  But I wonder if they will ask me to recite the V'ahavta or Kaddish or sing something in Hebrew.  :)   

As I type this, I am not nervous.  But earlier today, I did have visions of Ben Gurion Airport Security Personnel and their interrogation techniques.  I hope it's not that kind of an environment.  : / That's enough to rattle anyone's nerves!

I will have an update in a few days.

Aliana

No comments:

Post a Comment